About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Sunday 5 October 2014

Easy Banana Bread

I was surfing around as usual and chanced upon this incredibly simple recipe so I had to give it a try and boy was I pleasantly surprised with the results.  I improvised a little as I ran out of self raising flour. 



Easy Banana Bread

Ingredients
1 egg 
11/2 ripe banana 
1/3 cup raisins (I used Sun Maid)
 1 cup bread flour (plain flour works too) 
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/8 tsp nutmeg 
1/8 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method 

Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg ,baking powder into the bread flour. Rub in the unsalted butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.

Add in egg, raisins and mashed banana and mix well. As my LO is still toothless,I
 halved the raisins before mixing it into the batter.

Pour into greased pan and bake for 45 min to an hour at 180 degrees. I decided to put the batter in cups .




Picking out the raisins from the bread
Lil sunshine is still recovering from Roseola hence the spotty appearance. Get well soon sweetie!

2 comments: