About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Friday 24 October 2014

Mango & Yoghurt Steam Cake

Inspired by a fellow mummy's sharing on steam Dragon fruit cake so I decided to attempt my own fruit cake for LO's breakfast before I scoot off to work this morning. 

I omitted sugar as I am still trying to hold it off for my 14 month old girl and since she likes yoghurt, she enjoyed the mildly sweet and sourish cake.



Mango & Yoghurt Steam Cake

Ingredients (makes 3)
1 egg (beaten)
1/2 cup flour (I used cake flour)
1/4 cup fruit/veg puree (I used mango)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla essence 
1 tbsp sugar (I omitted this) 
1 tbsp olive oil 
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt/milk

Method 
Sieve the flour and baking powder in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg,vanilla essence and sugar (if you opt to add) . Add in yoghurt and mango puree and mix well.

Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture, mixing well and adding in the oil.

Scoop into cups and steam for 10 min







No comments:

Post a Comment