About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Friday 5 December 2014

Another version of Steamed Cake

Little one developed fever over the past few days and refused to take any food or water (only wants to latch) except the occasional cherries so I decided make a light fluffy cake in the hope that she will eat more.

Easy Steamed Cake

Ingredients 
1/2 cup cake flour 
1 tsp baking powder. 
1 egg
1 -2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
2 tbsp olive oil 
1/3 cup cherries & strawberries puree


Method
Mix cake flour with baking powder and set aside.


In another bowl, mix egg, light muscovado sugar, olive oil and cherries & strawberries puree. I cooked my cherries and strawberries to bring out the natural sugar hence I only used 1 tbsp as opposed to the suggested amount of 2 tbsp.

Combine flour mixture and wet mixture well and scoop into mould.

Steam for 10 min and fluffy cake is ready. (I used electric steamer)

No comments:

Post a Comment