About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Monday 24 November 2014

Cream of Chicken Soup

I have made some vegetable stock in the afternoon and was contemplating what to cook for dinner and decided on a simple cream of chicken soup to go with rice.
This is no Campbell quality but it is salt free, sugar free and yummy enough for my LO.

I made this m.  ore soupy so that it is easier for my LO to drink. For a thicker consistency,  just increase the flour.




Cream of Chicken Soup 

Ingredients
1 bay leave 
1 cup of vegetable/chicken stock 
1/2 cup fresh milk 
2 tbsp plain flour (for thickening)


Method
Bring the vegetable stock , bay leave and half the milk to a low boil.

In another bowl,whisk the remaining milk and flour into a mixture. If you prefer a thicker consistency,  you can add 1-2 more tbsp of flour.

Pour the mixture into the saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring continuously.

Continue to simmer and stir until the mixture is smooth and thick.

Add in shredded chicken and vegetable as desired. I gave her the carrot from my earlier stock so there was no wastage of my veg.

Oh,and the mushroom was used our stir fried veg for the grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment