About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Monday 22 September 2014

Pumpkin & Cinnamon Rice Sticks

Several mummies were sharing their pictures of yummy rice sticks so I thought I will jump onto the bandwagon and have a go.

I made mine slightly thicker and softer as LO is still toothless at almost 13 months (spy a cute tiny tooth emerging though, yippie!). Did these the night before so that LO can have it for breakfast.



Pumpkin & Cinnamon Rice Sticks
Ingredient (makes 8 )
5 tbsp pumpkin puree
5 tbsp cooked rice 
1/8 tsp cinnamon 
1 tbsp water (omitted, see note below) 

Note: I'm using japonica/pearl rice which is naturally more moist. And also my puree was really quite moist too hence I omitted the water in the original recipe.

Method 
Blend the rice and puree in a processor till well mixed. Pour mixture into a pipping bag or plastic bag (snip one corner) and pipe out the desired length or thickness.


Bake for 15 - 25 min at 180 degrees based on your preference. The longer baking time will result in crispy sticks.

Enjoy!



cheeky girl with her rice sticks and pau

No comments:

Post a Comment