About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Thursday 18 September 2014

Tamago Boro (旺仔小馒头)

Ever since I chanced upon the Tamago Boro recipe in one of the FB group, I have been tempted to try it out and what's best is that there is a sugar free version! And I have just received a few formulae milk samples, how perfect!


How does it compare with the commercial tamago boro? Well, it is not exactly melt in your mouth due to the lack of icing sugar and baking powder but I still like the crunch it gives and the healthier snack option for lil sunshine. May be when she is older, I will try the original version but for now, this suits us fine!

Here is the original recipe  which shows several variation for toddlers or adults which includes icing sugar etc and pictures.




So here's my version:

Tamago Boro (Egg Biscuit)

Ingredients (makes 80-100)
1 egg
120g potato starch (sifted)
65g milk powder (sifted)

Method 

Beat the egg and add in potato starch and milk powder in 2 steps,  one at a time.
Mix the batter well until it is pliable dough.

Roll out the dough and cut into smaller pieces (approximately the size of a soybean) and roll into balls.

Bake for 15-20min at 170 degrees.

Cool and start snacking!

1 comment:

  1. My LO is allergic to potato for now, do you think tapioca or sweet potato flour works just as well?

    ReplyDelete