About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Steam Banana Cake

Thanks to one of the mummies on my facebook group who shared this simple recipe. I reduced the sugar as I decided to use more bananas since I am trying to avoid sugar as much as possible.

Result was a simple delicious breakfast for the family. 



Steamed Banana Cake

Ingredients (makes 8 small cupcakes)
2 eggs
30g sugar 
3 bananas (about 250g)
150g self raising flour 
70g oil (I used canola)
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 Cinnamon powder

Method 
Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder and set aside.

Whisk sugar and eggs, add in the mashed banana and mix well.

Gently fold in the dry ingredients and oil until it is well incorporated.  Do not overmix as that will cause the cake to collapse when steaming.

Pour batter into cups and steam for 12-15min at high heat Or until inserted skewers comes clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment