About Me

My photo
A first time mummy who loves to share her passion for cooking healthy meals with fellow mummies and daddies . What is more gratifying than our little ones enjoying their meals . Healthy babies, Happy babies !

Saturday 13 September 2014

Stew Vegetable Millet & Chicken

Stew rice is one of my favourite easy dinner since I can just put in whatever vegetables and meat I have in the fridge and steam it while I prepare the more complicated dinner for the family. Much easier than porridge. 

So here is today's version. Not exactly a recipe since I did not measure the vegetables. 





Stew Vegetable Millet & Chicken 

Ingredients (serves 2)
2 tbsp millet
1 tbsp rice
1 cup of stock
1 Chicken drumstick (cut into small pieces)
1 chuck of carrot (diced)
1 chunk of zucchini (diced)
1 chunk of pumpkin (diced)
Handful of baby spinach (rough chopped)
Handful of wolfberries

Method 
Soak millet in water for 30 min (optional)

Rinse the millet and rice well and mix all the ingredients, covering it with stock. The amount of stock varies based on the amount of vegetable used and the desired texture  but the rule of thumb is to ensure the stock covers the entire mixture. 

Steam for 25-30min until chicken is well cooked. 

Serve warm. 



Mummy,  I am tired from self feeding training!

No comments:

Post a Comment